BUT, the silly ganache screwed me over big time. I had to babysit at 4, and we started this cupcake endeavor around 2. I only skimmed the recipe, so I missed that the guanche would need to chill for a very, very, very long time (it was suggested to leave it overnight in the fridge). So, it was decided we would put the ganache in the freezer to spead things up, which it did not. Soon enough 3:30 rolled around I had to shower and Atiya and Sachi had to leave, so I decided I really would let the ganche chill overnight in the fridge.
When I got home from babysitting (which was wonderful because we watched High School Musical, the sing-along version), I looked at the ganache and it was still liquid, so I threw it in the freezer overnight. When I woke up Sunday the ganache was actually hard(!), so I moved it into the fridge again. When I came back to it a few hours later, it was liquid again, so I just decided to screw it and use it as a liquid. It was challenging to get it into each cupcake, but I managed to somehow.
Then I moved onto the frosting...which had four and a half sticks of butter. This was a pain to make and looked really messed up at times. First you have to boil sugar and eggwhites together, then you beat up it into a meringue.
I was fine up until this point, but then I started to add the butter a tablespoon at a time. The frosting looked curdled, lumpy, and plain out disgusting. I wanted to quit and just not do a cupcake blog anymore. After leaving the mixer on high for 10 minutes it finally took shape into somewhat of a frosting, so I piped that crap out of my new frosting bag (it probably has some fancy name, but who cares about that). And then bam!, I had my first batch of cupcakes after 24hours...